Applicants must be eligible to work in the specified location
Key Words: Purchasing, Buyer, Inventory Control, OH&S, MRP, APICS, Oracle, Castings.
Businesstaff has been retained by a client in Grand Terrace, CA. in search of a Buyer. This is a multi-billion dollar Fortune 500 company and is a diversified global manufacturer! For over 50 years this company has been providing its customers with outstanding products and services in industrial technology that reflect the company's commitment to operational excellence, innovation and market leadership.
- Plans requirements to determine new order quantities and their respective delivery schedules for all production inventory items, within assigned commodity group(s).
- Analyzes pricing, quality, delivery performance, freight costs, physical location, and other factors to ensure the best possible suppliers are being used to minimize overall costs. Negotiates pricing. If necessary, moves orders to other suppliers for cost saving measures.
- Awards purchase orders to approved suppliers based on the above analysis, completes cost variance log if applicable, and inputs purchase orders into computer.
- Initiates purchase order change notices, as required, to sustain desired inventory levels and support production requirements.
- Contacts suppliers regarding follow-up on orders, discrepancies, and various other issues, within assigned commodity group(s).
- Examines acknowledgements, notes changes and contacts vendors regarding discrepancies.
- Maintains files on production purchase orders and acknowledgements, vendor correspondence, quotes, and tooling orders.
- Maintains log of engineering change orders and dates revised prints were sent to supplier(s) within assigned commodity group(s).
- Must demonstrate commitment to safety & continual improvement of OH&S performance, registered standards, company policy, integrity, ethics and legal compliance.
- 1-2 years work experience in purchasing, planning, production or inventory control.
- MRP & Microsoft Office proficient.
- Knowledge of production systems and processes, and paper flow systems.
- Skills in various areas of material, including shop floor control, planning, scheduling, expediting and purchasing.
- APICS training and Bachelor's Degree preferred.
- Experience with Oracle and Castings required.
Salary of $50,000 to $65,000 with exceptional benefits offered.
Grand Terrace California, United States of America
$50k to $65k
1/11/2017 12:03:08 PM
We strongly recommend that you should never provide your bank account details to an advertiser during the job application process. Should you receive a request of this nature please contact support
giving the advertiser's name and job reference.