Position: Sr Business Systems Analyst II
Location: Columbia, SC
- 25% Elicit and document user requirements to meet a business objective. Sets customer expectations on feasibility. Identify and validate requirements and organize the information into a logical document using business analysis models that are understood by the customer and Information Systems.
- 25% Act as the Subject Matter Expert for one or more lines of business on various projects. Mentor less experienced business systems analysts.
- 10% Ensure understanding of why the business solution was chosen and guide both technical and customer departments in the development of the systems.
- 10% Facilitate the transfer of knowledge about the "big picture" direction of the business units to others who support them. Provide guidance to less experienced team members so they can transfer this knowledge to technical departments.
- 10% Ensure the accurate deployment of solutions through review of problem logs, assisting with test plans and test matrices, and other analysis activities.
- 10% Provide the business direction for system changes.
- 10% Validate the business need for solutions to business problems and process improvements.
Business Systems Analyst Skills:
- Strong leadership skills including the ability to guide our customer and technical teams to ensure the business need is understood, documented, and communicated and the solution delivered meets the need.
- Ability to elicit and document user requirements to meet a business objective while setting customer expectations on feasibility.
- Ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical audiences. Must be able to communicate complex technical and business concepts to a wide audience of management, peers and/or business units. Must be able to guide discussions between customer areas on topics like:
- Business flows
- Data and Field mapping
- Use Case development
- Screen flows
- Screen attributes
- The BSA is expected to ask pointed questions back to the customer representatives (and document decisions) to ensure the solution meets customer requirements, keeping usability, maintenance and standards in mind.
- Strong teamwork and interpersonal skills.
- Strong analytical and conceptual skills.
- Ability to determine acceptance criteria, support test plans and test matrices, perform defect triage and resolution to ensure the solution meets the business requirement.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Knowledge of Waterfall project life cycle methodology
Business Knowledge (some or all):
- Knowledge of membership/enrollment including HIPAA 834, HIPAA 820, billing administration, and/or commissions in the health insurance industry;
- Knowledge of Affordable Care Act (ACA) to include Federal and/or Private Marketplace enrollment;
- Knowledge of health insurance industry with a focus on member and group enrollments including electronic enrollments, marketplace enrollments, billing and payments.
- Software Knowledge (some or all):
- MS Visio
- MS Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
- HP Quality Center
- Looking for candidates which are true Business Analysts with membership/enrollment experience
Columbia South Carolina, United States of America
2/16/2017 10:15:14 AM
We strongly recommend that you should never provide your bank account details to an advertiser during the job application process. Should you receive a request of this nature please contact support
giving the advertiser's name and job reference.