CenturyLink (NYSE: CTL) is a global communications, hosting, cloud and IT services company enabling millions of customers to transform their businesses and their lives through innovative technology solutions. CenturyLink offers network and data systems management, Big Data analytics and IT consulting, and operates more than 55 data centers in North America, Europe and Asia. The company provides broadband, voice, video, data and managed services over a robust 250,000-route-mile U.S. fiber network and a 300,000-route-mile international transport network.
Sales Engineer II
The CenturyLink Corrections Markets sales organization has an immediate opening for a Sales Engineer who will be an integral part of a technical sales team targeting large county and state government agencies. Your responsibilities will consist of executing on strategies and best practices that will create new business revenue.
The Sales Engineer is a technical resource on the corrections sales team, responsible for technical and business requirements discovery, tradeshows, proposal preparation support and technical presentations to customers for CenturyLink's full suite of correctional products and solutions. Performs customer discovery discussions to understand and document business needs and design requirements necessary for the formulation of optimal solutions.
- Bachelor s degree in a business or quantitative field of study or equivalent experience
- 5 years of experience with technical solutions to Medium-Enterprise size customers while previous sales experience to State and Local Government is highly desired.
- Ability to think strategically and experience developing and presenting formal presentations to senior level management and other end users.
- Aptitude to deliver a technical product demonstration to group audience
- Proficiency with MS products including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to travel as business need. Typically 25-50%.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Skill set to assist in product development and business development activities.
- Ability to initiate and lead projects
- Be an energetic self-starter and possess an excellent knowledge of the corrections industry marketplace and business drivers.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Demonstrated understanding of State Government procurement procedures, sales cycles, and corrections industry experience
Alternate Location: US-Florida-Apopka
Requisition # : 122823
This job may require successful completion of an online assessment. A brief description of the assessments can be viewed on our website at http://find.centurylink.jobs/testguides/
No Discrimination. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, protected statuses ). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training. Any offer of employment is contingent upon the results of a pre-employment drug test and background check.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.