Since 1935, First Federal Lakewood has been committed to helping Ohio residents and businesses achieve their financial goals by actively listening to and understanding their needs. As the largest independent mutual bank headquartered in Ohio, we make decisions to benefit our customers, not shareholders. We strive to consistently offer the highest quality financial products and services, while reinvesting resources into the local economy to help build a stronger community.
Our vision for the future is as clear and as strong today as it was when we first opened our doors in 1935: to grow stronger, maintain stability, and continue to put our customers and the community first in every decision we make.
Great benefits available.
FFL provides equal employment opportunity to qualified persons regardless of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or other categories protected by law.
Position Summary: The Post Closer - Government Insured is responsible for all post closing functions and documentation relating to the mortgage loan file.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Works within guidelines set by the Bank, investors and government agencies to ensure the accuracy and completeness of all documents and information necessary before they are put onto the servicing and final record keeping systems.
- Uploads residential mortgage and consumer loans to the mortgage servicing system, including adjustable rate information and escrow for taxes and all insurance information; ensures all information input into the system is complete and accurate; consults with appropriate mortgage operations staff member to correct any incorrect information.
- Ensures file completion and accuracy; reviews post closing packages for all mortgage loan types for accuracy and completeness; signs off on underwriter required post closing condition and assembles documents to correct area of loan file prior to scanning and final record keeping; cures any discrepancies or deficiencies by contacting the appropriate internal/external customers for missing documents, information or clarification; provides necessary loan documentation to the proper destination.
- Processes and reviews roundtable closing packages for accuracy and completeness and ensures expedited funding for roundtable closing; signs off on underwriter required post closing conditions.
- Reviews, completes and submits OHFA purchase packages for approval; reviews, completes and submits USDA closing package and Guaranty Fee payment through USDA LINC Lender Loan Closing system and follows up with USDA for issuance of LNG; works with appropriate internal/external customers to clear any deficiencies or discrepancies noted.
- Audits FHA and VA loans for submission to appropriate government agency for insurance/guaranty; reviews all required documentation to ensure all pertinent critical information is correct; obtains any missing documents and/or correct documents by contacting the appropriate internal/external customers for assistance; completes all required data input of key loan information in agency website; follows up with government agency for issuance of insurance/guaranty; addresses and corrects errors/omissions on all notice of return and deficiency letters from FHA and VA and resubmits packages; processes UFMIP and Funding Fees for payment.
- Monitors receipt of trailing documents by maintaining a spreadsheet of outstanding title policies and recorded mortgages to ensure timely collection of these documents; reviews title policies for accuracy ensuring exceptions are removed and proper endorsements are in place; ensures title is held properly and recording has been completed; reviews recorded mortgage for accuracy in notary clause, signing, vesting and that proper riders and endorsements are included; ensures documentation meets investor requirements on sold loans; contacts the appropriate internal/external customers to correct any deficiencies; ships recorded mortgages and final title policies to investors on sold loans.
- Ensures sold loan completion and accuracy by working directly with Secondary Market to ensure correct documentation is in the file for investor purchases; determines any consistent or repeated deficiencies so that this information can be communicated to appropriate staff to correct errors and revise policy as needed.
- Performs quality control audits from system generated reports against loan file documentation for files uploaded into loan servicing system and makes necessary corrections to ensure accuracy of data.
- Assists supervisor with pulling certain reports; completes check request processing; completes general loan servicing/accounting system transactions.
- Stays current on legal and regulatory changes.
- Manages service providers and vendors effectively; structures relationships with service providers in a strategic manner; sets expectations; develops performance metrics; measures vendor performance, provides feedback and holds accountable.
- Other duties as required.
- Communication skills
- Customer service
- Quality of work
- Workflow skills
- Attendance and dependability
- Experience in mortgage lending is required.
- Experience with laws, regulations, and guidelines related to lending is required.
- Experience in finance or banking industry is preferred.
- Experience in real estate law is preferred.
- Experience in title insurance companies is preferred.
- Proficiency in MS Office [Outlook, Excel, Word] or similar software is required. Encompass, Cleartouch, OnBase, various government and investor software/web portals is preferred.
Education and Experience
- Education: High School Diploma or equivalent is required; Bachelor's degree is preferred.
- Certification: Licensed Title Insurance Agent is preferred.
- Years of experience: 5 to 7 years is required.
- Years of experience supervising: None.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to lift, walk, stand, sit, bend, reach with hands and arms, climb, push/pull, use hands, and see, hear and speak.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- This position is performed in an office setting, five days a week with typical work hours being 8.30a through 5.15p.
*To be considered for this position, please complete entire application process*
Lakewood Ohio, United States of America
1/18/2017 8:03:17 AM
We strongly recommend that you should never provide your bank account details to an advertiser during the job application process. Should you receive a request of this nature please contact support
giving the advertiser's name and job reference.