Applicants must be eligible to work in the specified location
Req ID: 93607
To develop, plan, drive and manage business in the all brands and categories within the assigned territory (MN-SD-ND & IL-WI) as well as manage or assist in all representation of Harman products at other Key Accounts as needed. The role will be Minneapolis or Chicago home office based and report into the Eastern Region Sales Manager. The role will require interfacing with all Harman support teams as well as the entire Harman US sales team.
Supervisory Responsibilities: This position has no supervisory responsibility
- Be representative and primary communicator for Harman brands (JBL, Harman Kardon, AHG, Infinity, Yurbuds) in the Lifestyle Audio categories with the Territory.
- Responsible for achieving stated Sales Budget in the assigned geography, as well as growing Harman's business with existing customers while developing new customers complementary to Harman Lifestyle go-to-market strategy.
- Create and execute sales and business presentations and demonstsions.
- Conduct regularly scheduled business planning and reviews with key customers to ensure alignment to product and revenue forecasts and in constant contact with all existing and new customer prospects via in-person meetings, phone calls and electronic communication.
- Present and execute new product introductions, determine appropriate merchandising solutions, train retail sales associates and implement sell through action and incentive plans.
- Manage relationships at all departments and appropriate levels within all dealers.
- Monitor and report to management, all news, trends and internal changes. Manage day-to-day business and develop new opportunities. Interface with all Harman departments or staff in support of business in assigned territory.
- Meticluously record and carefully manage all communication and paperwork.
- Responsible for order entry, submitting new dealer agreements and updating existing agreements, distributing sales and marketing communication to all customers and working closely with Order Management & Supply Planning to ensure customer order fulfillment and special order requests meet customer requirements.
- Represent Harman at all events, training functions and trade shows as required.
- On occasion, support other trade as requested by Eastern Region sales manager or Specialty Sales Director.
- HS diploma
- 5+ years in Consumer Electronics
- 5+ years in Sales or marketing role
- Awareness of competition, other dealers, how our brands fit into the market and how premium audio brands are effectively sold at retail, is imperative. Knowledge of MN-SD-ND and IL-WI accounts is a significant advantage though not entirely necessary. Working knowledge of the Harman Lifestyle organization is an advantage early in tenure.
- Able to set-up and conduct effective audio demonstrations
- Friendly tenacity
- Very good people skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Problem solving skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Bachelors Preferred, Business and/or Marketing
- 10 years in Consumer Electronics
- Audio, Aftermarket car audio & marine audio experience
- Experience managing key accounts
- Good technical skills
- Sales strategy knowledge
- Product strategy knowledge
- Able to set-up and conduct next-level audio demonstrations
Preferred Qualifications & Desired Competencies:
- Demonstrates a proactive and collaborative approach to troubleshooting and problem solving
- Capable of handling multiple projects/initiatives simultaneously and executing to completion
- Proven team player with excellent communication and interpersonal skills who can effectively work with all levels of a global matrixed organization.
- Accepts overall accountability.
- Demonstrated ability to share knowledge and best practices with teammates.
- Must not only adapt, but must champion new and more efficient methods and techniques to meet the needs of the company
- Must treat all customers with utmost respect, understanding that they have different needs.
- Clearly understands objectives and strives to exceed them.
- Takes ownership for personal career and skill development.
- PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk.
- Willingness to travel 55-75% of the time
- Willingness to work in an home office in metro Minneapolis or Chicago
- HARMAN will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
HARMAN designs and engineers connected products and solutions for automakers, consumers, and enterprises worldwide, including connected car systems, audio and visual products, enterprise automation solutions; and connected services. With leading brands including AKG®, Harman Kardon®, Infinity®, JBL®, Lexicon®, Mark Levinson ® and Revel®, HARMAN is admired by audiophiles, musicians and the entertainment venues where they perform around the world. More than 25 million automobiles on the road today are equipped with HARMAN audio and connected car systems. The Company's software services power billions of mobile devices and systems that are connected, integrated and secure across all platforms, from work and home to car and mobile. HARMAN has a workforce of approximately 29,000 people across the Americas, Europe, and Asia and reported sales of $6.9 billion during the last 12 months ended June 30, 2016. The Company's shares are traded on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol NYSE:HAR. HARMAN is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation or gender identity, national origin, disability or Protected Veterans status. HARMAN offers a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation. Looking for a challenge where your experience is valued? Come see what you can achieve as a leader with HARMAN! (www.harman.com)
St. Paul MN, United States of America
1/10/2017 10:45:00 PM
We strongly recommend that you should never provide your bank account details to an advertiser during the job application process. Should you receive a request of this nature please contact support
giving the advertiser's name and job reference.