Applicants must be eligible to work in the specified location
This position has responsibilities for supporting documentation to properly record plant transactions within the Oracle Fixed Assets System Prepare and review monthly journal entries and assist in the Plant Accounting monthly close process. Review work orders as they are processed to ensure the proper classification for Financial and Project accounting as well as the appropriate budget classifications and approval levels. Review the annual depreciation expense budgets and coordinate PAPUC Annual Depreciation Reports and Service Life Studies. Develop and maintain Plant Accounting Policies and Procedures
Assist in the monthly close and reporting process including the following items:
• Preparing journal entries to facilities the close process
• Account reconciliations
• Perform monthly depreciation actual to budget variance analysis and report results at monthly close and balance sheet meetings.
• Represent Plant accounting at operational and finance department meetings.
• Perform bi-weekly payroll import from ADP into Oracle projects.
• Prepare all supporting documentation to properly record plant transactions for PNG within the Oracle Fixed Assets system
• Act as back up for setting up capital projects
• Prepare the annual depreciation expense budgets and forecasts
Prepare monthly and quarterly support documentation for internal reports for management including Quarterly Rate of Return filings DSIC, and externally for the PAPUC and other government agencies. Represent Plant Accounting department at all meetings regarding reports and filings.
Perform analysis for the new leases accounting including creating and maintaining an inventory of all lease agreements and performing the quarterly SOX controls.
Coordinate PAPUC Annual Depreciation Reports and Service Life Studies and prepare the annual depreciation expense budget and forecasts
Assist in the preparation of base rate cases including but not limited to standard data requirements, interrogatories, and direct assignment of mains, services and meters.
Act as backup for the Plant Accounting Supervisor and assist in monthly close and other departmental duties as required.
Knowledge & Skills
- Minimum of 3 years relative experience
- Knowledge of fixed asset accounting and depreciation polices and Knowledge of work management systems and ERP accounting and project systems
- Strong Microsoft Office Skills - Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access
- Ability to identify and resolve problems without supervisory direction
- Knowledge of FERC, Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and Sarbanes Oxley
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Bachelors Degree in Accounting
Reading PA, United States of America
UGI Utilities Inc
UGI Utilities Inc
1/11/2017 1:23:18 PM
We strongly recommend that you should never provide your bank account details to an advertiser during the job application process. Should you receive a request of this nature please contact support
giving the advertiser's name and job reference.