Administrative Assistant (Capital Engineering)
Primary Location: Lancaster, Pennsylvania
Employment Status: Full-Time
Armstrong World Industries (AWI) has a job opportunity for an Administration Assistant to be located in Lancaster, PA. The Administrative Assistant will be responsible for providing timely, accurate and efficient administrative support for an assigned functional area or department. Additionally, the Administrative Assistant will need to demonstrate high ethical standards, communication skills and an ability to maintain confidentiality.
Key Responsibilities of the Administrative Assistant:
- Providing main administrative support for the AWI-Technology group, specifically Capital Engineering
- Performing routine administrative functions, some of which are of a confidential nature
- Working closely with the managers under time-sensitive deadlines
- Preparing presentations, reports and other documents, utilizing Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Communicating with various AWI departments and all levels of management
- Managing calendars and schedules with authority to schedule appointments and meetings
- Planning and coordinating internal and external meetings
- Managing travel arrangements and creating expense reports using SAP system
- Executing required processes for international travel including processing VISA s, letters of invitation, etc.
- Working on special administrative projects which encompass research and compilation of data
- Composing correspondence upon request
- Managing document retention
- Communicating with outside vendors
- Assisting with Purchasing requisitions and goods receipts
- Ordering supplies using corporate credit card and Payment.Net system
- Researching budget detail on monthly basis
- Processing paperwork to move, transition, and onboard employees
- Processing overnight shipments using web-based system
- Providing back-up for other Administrative Assistants as needed
Required Qualifications for the Administrative Assistant:
- High School diploma or GED
- 1+ years of related administrative support experience or training
- Strong computer skills with basic proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong organizational and research skills
- Ability to prioritize, complete multiple tasks and follow through to achieve project goals
- Ability to function effectively in a fast-paced high-volume work environment with strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to exercise good judgment in handling and processing confidential information
Desired Qualifications for the Administrative Assistant:
About the Location (Lancaster, PA)
Located in South Central Pennsylvania, Lancaster is ideally situated for easy access to major metropolitan cities such as Philadelphia, Baltimore, Washington DC and New York City. Lancaster offers a vibrant arts and entertainment community with wonderful historic sites, B&Bs, museums, world class shopping, entertainment venues and restaurants. Click here to read stories about Armstrong employees and how they have found “home” in Lancaster County and surrounding areas.
Armstrong World Industries, Inc. (AWI) is a global leader in the design and manufacture of innovative commercial and residential ceiling, wall and suspension system solutions. With over 3,700 employees and fiscal 2015 revenues from ceiling operations in excess of $1.2 billion, AWI operates from a global manufacturing network of 24 facilities, including 9 plants dedicated to its WAVE joint venture.
At home, at work, in healthcare facilities, classrooms, stores, or restaurants, Armstrong World Industries offers interior solutions that help to enhance comfort, save time, improve building efficiency and overall performance, and create beautiful spaces.
For more than 150 years, we have built our business on trust and integrity. It set us apart then, and it sets us apart now, along with our ability to collaborate with and innovate for the people we're here to serve - our customers, our shareholders, our communities and our employees
- Standard benefit package offerings: Medical, dental, prescription drugs, life insurance
- Long term disability coverage
- Vacation and sick time
- Product discount programs.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Armstrong is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disabled/Vets.
Notice to Staffing Agencies, Placement Services, and Professional Recruiters
Armstrong World Industries, Inc. has an internal Staffing Department. Recruiters are hereby specifically directed NOT to contact Armstrong employees directly in an attempt to present candidates.
Armstrong will not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from a candidate. Any unsolicited resumes sent to Armstrong, including unsolicited resumes sent to an Armstrong mailing address, fax machine or email address, directly to Armstrong employees, or to Armstrong's resume database will be considered Armstrong property. Armstrong will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume. Armstrong will consider any candidate for whom a Recruiter has submitted an unsolicited resume to have been referred by the Recruiter free of any charges or fees.
Armstrong will not pay a fee to any Recruiter that does not have a signed Armstrong contract in place specific to the position for which the resume was submitted.
Recruiting vendor agreements will only be valid if in writing and signed by Armstrong s Corporate Talent Acquisition Manager or his or her designee. No other Armstrong employee is authorized to bind Armstrong to any agreement regarding the placement of candidates by Recruiters. By submitting a candidate to Armstrong, recruiters agree to be bound and comply with this policy.