Applicants must be eligible to work in the specified location
Senior DB2/UDB Database Administrator
This is for engineering DB2, UDB, OLTP, Q-Replicate, DPF is key. Strong database partitioning.
The Database Engineer collaborates with cross functional Information Technology Services and business teams to ensure overall system and database availability and performance, design application data models and implement physical database structures.
- Must be a self-motivated team player with a proven track record in a fast-paced workplace. Evaluating technology standards, availability of products, and the risks and benefits of technology introduction.
- Work with IT and business teams to identify technology solutions to achieve business results. Install and maintain database management systems, physical database, design perform database maintenance, provide performance and tuning support establish.
- Maintain and enhance relationships with business and ensure database backup and recovery processes are in place. Monitor database growth and provide input to overall system capacity plan.
- Providing technical expertise to design most efficient and cost effective solutions for DB2 based database systems
- Capacity planning, sizing and designing
- Defining backup/recovery strategies and database standards
- Defining consolidation deployment and migration methodologies and cost-effective solutions
- Automating repetitive tasks- Advanced performance tuning
- Advanced troubleshooting and problem determination
- expert in DPF, DB2 and UDB
Reston Virginia, United States of America
1/11/2017 2:19:36 PM
We strongly recommend that you should never provide your bank account details to an advertiser during the job application process. Should you receive a request of this nature please contact support
giving the advertiser's name and job reference.